Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Week #15 – I was working in the lab…


Last week was an INCREDIBLE week! 
First and foremost, the Wife and I celebrated our 4th year of marriage (14 yrs together) with fruit, flowers and a night out - dinner with friends and a Bruce Cockburn concert at the Englert.  (For once I was in Iowa City for something other than a chemo treatment.)
A bunch of us went to see Halloween: 40 Years Later.  Yep, totally worth it!
Saturday was crazy beautiful outsid
e so I took advantage of wandering around our little Village after surreptitiously excusing myself from my friends watching the Iowa game at our local pub (love you guys but, really, not a big fan of sport, but they know that.)
Funny story… A guy at the bar looked at me and said, “You ride?”  I chuckled to myself and let him know why I was wearing the bandana.  He was apologetic and offered to buy my drink. (I was drinking water ;)
Later that same night I was in the bar restroom when I caught a glimpse of myself in a full-length mirror; black square-tip boots, bell-bottoms, Carhart jean-jacket with the collar turned up, scarf printed with skulls around my neck and a Grateful Dead bandana on my head. Sure as shit – I looked like I “ride”.  Next time I’m going to say, “Yeah, I ride…  Schwinn…3 speed”.
My co-producer has been doing a great job putting together all the pieces for the new album.  The songs are mostly mixed and in order.  We’re sifting thru patter and extemporaneous musings to see what stays and what’s just not as funny as we thought it was that night.  He even sent me the new ring-tone file – woot!
The Wife and I were doing a little mid-century shopping at one of our favorites – Riverbend Retro – and found a new set of groovy cups for our nightly “cuppa”. 
So, yeah, last week was pretty incredible for a lot of reasons. Each day, I hear from friends or meet people who tell me they’re rooting for me.  Each day I try to look for the joy in the simple things. That’s my chemo treat for last week – reminding myself just how amazing my Wife, my friends and my fans have been thru it all and just how lucky I am - extremely, extraordinarily, incredibly lucky.

3 comments:

  1. πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»❤️❤️πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are indeed loved by many including your buddies over this a way.

    ReplyDelete

A shot in the dark

One from within. One from without. When I began this blog is was turning into a very long diatribe of “poor me – covid screwed me big ti...