Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Week 14 – treatment #5!! Amok, amok, amok!

Five down, ONE to go!

Last week I had to move my treatment from Monday to Thursday because my neutrophil numbers weren’t high enough… again.  But, by Wednesday they were better than good and…BONUS! my CA-125 was TWENTY-NINE which means I’m below the normal level.  This is the kind of good news I really need right now. 



As we’re coming down to the wire and counting down the days I am currently willing my fingertips to stop buzzing and tingling and feeling numb – all at the same time.  Yes, I’m more than just a little freaked but I’m keeping a positive attitude that this too shall pass.  (My toes, on the other hand, are fully engulfed in the chemo-induced neuropathy. boo…)



So, to pass the time and keep my mind off the changes going on with my peripherals I’ve been keeping busy.  I continue working on the new album – mostly some final editing and such.  Last Friday The Wife and I and a few friends went to see the movie, Halloween – 40 Years Later. That Jamie Lee Curtis is a badass!  On Saturday there was a party at a lake house in Lake St Louis, MO for my sister-in-law’s 50th birthday.  It was beautiful weather all weekend and we certainly made the most of it.  Yesterday was spent on mousework and housework.  (Mousework: That which is done on the computer - I also have a part-time job at a local magazine finding and writing content. Housework: Okay, do you really need me to mansplain housework?)  Today I’m writing this blog while “watching” Hocus Pocus.  I absolutely LOVE this movie…“on TOAST!” – partly, for the horrendous acting by the children (especially Max) and mostly for the brilliant acting by the Sanderson Sisters and Billy.

My chemo treat this week was spending time with my seestur-in-law on her 50th birthday.  (She sent me this pic a few weeks back to let me know she's "rockin' the blue" until I get my hair back.)



I have little over two weeks before my final treatment.  It’s scheduled for Friday, Nov 9th.  
The intervening days will be spent staying busy, staying positive, striving for good numbers, making music and writing to you all.  The chemo may be lowering my CA-125 but it’s your continued thoughts and wishes that raise my spirits! 

3 comments:

  1. Your SIL is awesome! I love that she’s carrying the blue torch for you. Happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a B vitamin supplement to help with the neuropathy. It's hard to say for sure that is what worked, but something definitely helped.

    ReplyDelete

A shot in the dark

One from within. One from without. When I began this blog is was turning into a very long diatribe of “poor me – covid screwed me big ti...